Glass Cooktops of hobs or stoves make your kitchen look modern, aesthetically pleasing and sophisticated. However, these fixtures get dirty fast due to boilovers, spillage, splatters and dust.
Since the hob or stove is a piece of everyday equipment and you prepare meals on it, chances of cross-contamination are high when it has grime, gunk and food carbons. A dirty cooktop is not only bad for kitchen hygiene, but it also smells terrible and harbours illness-causing bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Moreover, tenants cannot get a complete bond repayment if these fixtures are unclean and smelly. Hire professional end of lease cleaners in Townsville at the end of a tenancy to ensure your rental property is clean and get your bond back in full.
Alternatively, follow the tips shared below to clean a glass cooktop like a pro and maintain optimum kitchen hygiene.
Remove Detachable Parts & Clean Them
Besides the flat glass surface of stoves or hobs, the detachable parts like the burner grates and rings get dirty while cooking. You can remove shallow stains and grime by washing them with dishwashing liquid and warm water.
However, if the spots and greasy stains are old and stubborn, soak them in a solution of hot water, dishwashing liquid and baking soda. It's a professional cleaning trick many end of lease cleaners in Townsville use to sanitise kitchen equipment effectively and efficiently.
Clean The Cooktop
There are several cleaning agents and methods to deep clean the glass cooktop in your kitchen. Here are some of them you should try.
Use a commercial cleaner
Most people prefer to get a multipurpose cleaner to sanitise the glass cooktops and other fixtures in their kitchen. These cleaning products are versatile and user-friendly.
The only downside of using commercial cleaners is they contain volatile organic compounds. Excessive exposure to VOCs is bad for the environment and your health, as they aggravate asthma, cough, chronic respiratory conditions, allergic rhinitis etc. Thus, always use store-bought cleaning products wisely.
Clean with baking soda
Many green end of lease cleaners in Townsville use natural and organic products to sanitise homes sustainably. Baking soda is a crystalline powder with abrasive and odour control properties.
- You can use it for cleaning the glass cooktop by sprinkling the powder directly on the equipment after wiping it with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Let the powder dwell for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing gently with a damp sponge.
- Next, wipe with a clean cloth to remove residues and have a spotless glass cooktop.
Alternatively, you can clean the equipment with a runny paste of baking soda, dishwashing liquid and water. Apply the paste on the surface with a damp sponge and scrub until the grime and stains dissolve. Wipe the fixture clean with a damp microfiber cloth, then buff it with a dry one.
Clean With White Vinegar
Vinegar approximately contains 5% acetic acid and 95% water, making it an excellent degreaser and cleaner. You can use it to make almost any surface or fixture in your home spotless, shiny and germ-free. To clean your glass cooktop:
- Mix vinegar and water in equal proportions in a spray bottle.
- Add one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to this solution and spray it generously on the cooktop.
- Scrub gently with a brush or sponge to remove stains, gunk and food carbons.
- Wipe the surface clean with a damp microfiber cloth, then let it air dry.
General Maintenance Tips
To keep your glass cooktop sparkling and spotless at all times, follow these tips.
- After cooking every meal, wipe the stove or hob with a cleaning wipe or a microfiber cloth damp with a water & vinegar solution.
- Deep clean the equipment once or twice a week.
- Always follow directions written on the equipment's user manual while opening and cleaning the burners.
A Word of Caution
While cleaning any equipment that runs on gas or electricity, you need to remain cautious to avoid mishaps. Ensure you never clean a glass cooktop while the burner and its grates and rings are hot. Always wait for the equipment to cool before wiping or disinfecting it. Other safety precautions you need to take are mentioned below.
- Turn off the gas supply or take out the electricity plug before deep cleaning the hob/stove.
- Never scrub the glass with steel wool or other super-abrasive tools, as they make scratches and swirls
- Avoid using glass or window cleaners as their formula is better suited for surfaces not exposed to extreme heat
- Also, don't use rubbing alcohol or any spirit-based cleaner as it increases the risk of a fire hazard.
Keeping glass cooktops sanitary and spotless is easy when you use the proper cleaning supplies and methods. You can hire professional end of lease cleaners in Townville to clean your kitchen and other areas of your rental property to get a complete bond refund. But, follow the tips shared above for general maintenance and sanitation.