Of course, deeply cleaning a kitchen during busy schedules is tough, but you need to prepare a complete checklist, so that keep this particular area of your house clean and organised, especially if you are living in a rented property.
Make sure you cover everything, including your countertops, kitchen appliances, cabinets, sinks, stovetop, range hood, garbage disposal, faucets and floors in order to pass the rental inspection at the end of your tenancy.
Regular cleaning will prevent spills and splatters from getting stubborn, which in-turn, saves you a lot of time. Do not forget to hire professionals for a meticulous end of lease cleaning in Townsville. They will spruce up everything from top to bottom using advanced tools and eco-friendly products.
However, if you are looking for a DIY kitchen cleaning checklist, then keep on reading the article.
Daily Kitchen Cleaning Checklist:
A few minutes of daily sprucing makes a huge difference in keeping your kitchen clean and mess-free. You can do little things according to this checklist:
- Wipe your countertops and range top using a natural cleaner and microfiber cloth.
- Scrub the sink using white vinegar solution and wipe dry
- Disinfect faucets
- Wash dirty dishes before going to bed
- Throw garbage and clean the can
- Sweep the floor and get rid of spills immediately.
Weekly Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Sometimes, it is difficult to treat tough stains, grime and grease on a busy weekday. That’s why it is good to save some kitchen cleaning chores for weekends. Keep this checklist in mind while cleaning your kitchen on weekends:
- Wipe down kitchen appliances, such as microwave and oven
- Wipe the fridge door to get rid of stains and grime
- Throw leftovers from your fridge
- Clean and polish your sink. Also, get rid of stuck item and debris from your garbage disposal.
- Spot-clean cupboards and cabinets
- Clean kitchen rags or cloths in hot water- do this twice a week
- Mop the floor, especially if you have kids and pets. – Do this at least thrice a week.
Monthly Cleaning Checklist
With a daily basic cleaning routine, a monthly kitchen thorough cleaning process will be a breeze. You can perform attention-to-detail cleaning by getting into the nooks and crannies. Have a look at this monthly cleaning checklist:
- Remove dust from exhaust fans with a vacuum cleaner.
- Clean walls, light switches and fixtures
- Wipe down cupboards, cabinets and shelves. Use microfiber cloths to get rid of dust and dirt.
- Deep clean your oven, fridge, dishwasher and microwave. Apply white vinegar, dishwashing liquid and warm water solution to treat tough stains. You can also apply a paste of baking soda to get rid of bad smell and germs.
- Clean the stovetop and range hood thoroughly using a damped microfiber cloth.
Instead of using chemical-based cleaning products, you can use non-toxic cleaners, such as white vinegar, baking soda, lemon, hydrogen peroxide, and magic erasers to treat tough stains, grime and germs from every nook and cranny of your cooking premises.
End of Lease Cleaning Checklist for Your Kitchen
In case you are moving out of your rental premises, make sure you thoroughly spruce up your kitchen to impress your landlord. It is good to hire professional end of lease cleaners in Townsville if you are concerned about your bond money.
For those who are doing it without any professional assistance can have a look at the cleaning checklist:
- Clean Exhaust fans, light fixtures, switchboards and windows
- Remove dust and grime inside and outside of all your drawers and cupboards
- Wipe down oven griller, trays, racks, glass and knobs
- Get rid of burnt food particles, built-up grease, grime and stubborn stains from your microwave.
- Clean inside and outside your fridge and dishwasher
- Wipe countertops, stovetop, range hood and other hard surfaces
- Clean and disinfect sink, drainers, unclog drain holes, and disinfect faucets
- Clean garbage disposal
- Polish splash back area
- Mop the floor
Professionals follow the REIQ-approved checklist to help you pass the rental inspection at the end of your tenancy. So, you should also clean your kitchen and other areas according to the checklist and secure your full bond money.
Keeping a kitchen is a real challenge if you are doing it yourself. With the help of this complete checklist, you can restore the look and feel of your kitchen and keep germs at bay. In case you are at the end of your tenancy hire professionally-trained end of lease cleaners in Townsville and retrieve your bond money.