Regular cleaning can prevent the spread of mould, mildew and other build-ups. From wiping wet bathroom tiles to the cleaning shower head, it is good to focus on every corner according to the standard checklist.
If you are preparing your rental apartment for the inspection, then deep clean all your rooms, including your bathroom. It is good to hire professionals for a meticulous end of lease cleaning in Townsville and secure your bond money.
However, if you want to give a try and spruce up your bathroom on your own, have a look at the following beginner’s guide:
1. Arrange the Necessary Cleaning Supplies
Achieving pro like cleaning results requires a proper set of cleaning products and tools. So, here is the list of supplies you will need to remove grime, grease, mould and mildew from your bathrooms:
- Microfiber cloths
- A vacuum cleaner
- Microfiber mop
- Soft-bristled brushes
- Toilet cleaning brush
- White vinegar and soapy warm water solution
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Chlorine bleach
- Empty spray bottle
Tip: You don’t need to buy expensive cleaning products from the market. Instead, use natural cleaners because they do not contain harmful chemicals and other toxic elements.
2. De-Clutter First
The first thing you need to do is to get rid of unnecessary stuff from your bathroom. De-clutter the cabinets and get rid of empty shampoo bottles, expired soaps, etc.
Check the counters, shelves and floors and pick up the items that don’t belong to this part of your living space. You can put items in appropriate baskets for each of your family members to keep things in an organised manner.
3. Clean the Tile Grout
Greasy and dingy tile grouts can degrade the entire look of your bathroom. Make sure you give it a good scrub using a proper cleaning product. The lines between the tiles can easily attract grime and mould due to moisture. So, clean it using the following tips:
- Mix ¾ cup of household chlorine bleach and water.
- Use a stiff brush and apply the solution on the small area to test.
- If everything is fine, you can apply it on the tile grouts and leave it for a few minutes.
- Scrub it with the brush
- Rinse using clean water.
4. Spruce up the Shower and Bathtub
Get rid of soap built-up, grime, water spots and other tough stains from your bathtub and shower using the following tricks:
- Spray bathtub, shower curtain and shower walls with white vinegar and soapy warm water.
- Scrub stains off the surface using a brush or sponge. Be gentle while scrubbing.
- Rinse with warm water to get rid of soap residue.
- Do not forget to dry the shower curtain using the old towel.
5. Clean and Disinfect Toilet
If you want to restore the shiny look of your toilet bowl without using chemicals, then use this method:
- Pour baking soda or hydrogen peroxide in your toilet bowl
- Leave it for a few minutes before scrubbing
- Use a stiff-bristled brush or a toilet cleaning brush to clean the nooks and crannies
- Flush it.
Tip: Wipe the toilet seat, area around the toilet and flush using a damp cloth. If you want to pass the rental inspection, hire the best end of lease cleaners in Townsville at the best price.
6. Sparkle Clean the Counter and Faucets
These areas hide lethal germs and bacteria apart from water stains and other grime. You can use the following method to achieve the best possible results:
- Spray the all-purpose cleaning agent on bathroom counters and faucets.
- Leave it for a few minutes
- Wipe down the surface using a clean cloth
- Rinse properly.
7. Polish Mirrors and Wash Windows
Use the white vinegar solution to remove stains and grime from bathroom mirrors and window glasses. Instead of using newspaper, run a squeegee to get rid of soap residue and other stains. Wipe the blades using a rag.
8. Bathroom Floor
The last thing you need to do is to eliminate the loose dirt, grime and other stains from your bathroom floor. Leave them looking shiny and glossy with these tips:
- Remove the loose dirt, hair and other grime using a broom or a vacuum cleaner.
- Spot clean any stain using a natural cleaner.
- Mop the floor properly
- Dry it completely.
This is a complete beginner’s guide that will help you achieve clean and germ-free bathroom using eco-friendly products. You can use this guide and prepare your rental apartment for the final inspection. If you are concerned about your bond money, then book the best company for a thorough end of lease cleaning in Townsville.